Just a few notes I took from the ANC meeting on 7/10. Official minutes will be posted on the ANC2F website.
* 1111 Mass Ave update, new owners (this is the building just West of the Wisteria with the narrow access to Mass Avenue the building is set back mostly located along 11th Street), working to clean up the building, new management company, security, crime, drug issues, working to clean it up, better trash service. Working with tenant association and LEDC. Intent to keep it moderate income, 80% hispanic, some overcrowded unit - working to get all units in compliance. More work to do.
* City Center project overview. Howard Riker and Jacob Jacobson from Heinz. General Manager for the retail and Marketing Manager also present along with Manna for community outreach for the affordable units. 6 buildings total. 95% leased for two office buildings along 11th Street, start moving in Jan 2014. Apartment buildings marketing is starting now including the affordable units.
216 residential condos (began selling in nov 2012) over 50% have gone to contract. Move in starting in Oct of this year. 370 room hotel, 80,000 square ft of retail. Possibility of a grocery market (6000 square ft) along with specialty food stores intended. Gould property will start construction within a year, that is not part of City Center but at the corner of 9th and New York Avenue.
10th street will be two way, one lane each way, parking on each side. One way south on 10th north of New York and south of H Street. Garage 1550 parking (500 dedicated to retail and general public use).
Moderate income 46 for people earning 60% or less than the median and 45 units for people earning 80% (income range is $36K-$94K depending on the family size). Rent from $1075 to $1875. Will be a lottery process to get the one of the units. Application due date is Aug 21. See CityCenterDC.com/communitybenefits
*Franklin School update from Deputy Mayor for Economic Development. Phase 1 RFQ and have received 4 response RFQ proposals. Will be a phase 2 RFP on July 24. Responses were:
1) Office space for costar technology hub and learning center (ABDO)
2) NAMDI office space, technology center
3) Douglas Development Boutique Hotel, no defined hotel as yet
4) Institute for contemporary expression and think food group - ICE DC art gallery and restaurant (Think food group is Jose Andres)
Final team selection late fall.
DMPED.DC.GOV or DCBIZ.Gov will get there to see (look at development opportunities)
Long term ground lease (50 or greater years). Community will get an opportunity to input.
* Tuesday Aug 6 LCCA Monthly Happy Hour from 6-8 at Fantom Gallery on 14th Street.
* Check Logancircle.org for other events.
*Business Part of the meeting.
* 1336 14th St. Ghana Cafe defer vote to allow for negotiation of a voluntary agreement. Asking for later hours, entertain endorsement, dancing, summer garden.
* 1443 P St Commissary, 3 hours earlier 9AM liquor sales in the restaurant, approved
* 1430 Rhode Island for the Helix Hotel improvements, many changes/improvements since the CDC review. Split approved HPRB motion. BZA application permission to fill in the rest of the lot,
Some concern by neighbors over the expansion, bus traffic, etc. Passed 6-1-0
* 1460 Church Street, granted
* 1618 14th Street Raze request, zoned against supporting Raze permit 7-0-0, concern about demolition by neglect ask HPRB/DCRA to investigate and ensure class 5 taxes are being imposed
*Parking recommendations will be posted on the ANC web site
Crime and Public Safety Committee