Wednesday 13 March 7-9 PM Washington Plaza Hotel
Candidates Forum for DC Council At-Large Special Election
From LCCA: Don’t miss our March Community Meeting! In conjunction with New Cambridge Tenants Association, ANC 2F and Urban Neighborhood Alliance, LCCA will be pleased to sponsor a public forum for the DC Council At-Large Special Election candidates. LCCA President Tim Christensen will moderate. Bring your questions, meet the candidates, and join your neighbors for this interesting community forum.
Note also: just prior to LCCA’s Community Meeting, from 5:30 to 6:45 (also at the Washington Plaza), Pepco will host a community meeting to present its preliminary landscape design plan for the O Street Substation. Pepco wants your feedback, so don’t miss this opportunity to influence the neighborhood landscape!
Thursday 14 March 7-? PM Washington Plaza Hotel (Postponed from March 6 due to the "Snow"
ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 2F
REGULAR MONTHLY PUBLIC MEETING
Thursday, March 14, 2013 – 7:00 PM
WASHINGTON PLAZA HOTEL—10 THOMAS CIRCLE, NW
Call to Order 7:00 pm
- Commissioner Announcements 7:05
- Report from Executive Office of the Mayor
- Report from Office of Jack Evans, City Council Member, Ward 2
- PSA 307 Report – Metropolitan Police Department, 3D
- Community Announcements 7:45
-10 Minute Recess-
- Approval of Agenda 8:00
- Approval of Minutes of Meeting of February 6, 2013
- 1341 14th Street, NW Barrel House Liquors-Request for support to be open on Sundays
- 1200 9th Street, NW, Modern Liquors-Request for Support for Growler Sales in addition to Sunday Sales
- Petition Filing of Moratorium
- Neighborhood Survey
- Settlement Agreements Policy Discussion
- 14th and U streets liquor license moratorium on the March ANC agenda– Presentation by the Shaw Dupont Neighborhood Alliance.
- 1724 14th Street, NW, Batch 13-New License
- 1410 14th Street, NW, Black Whiskey-New License
- 1414B 14th Street, NW, Faces Lounge-New License
Community Development Committee (Walt Cain, Chair)
- Parking Forum “Sunday Parking and Related Issues”- Recommendation to the Full ANC
- 11th and M Concept Application (HPA #13-154)-Presentation for support of HPRB.
- Zipcar Addition of Three New On-Street locations in ANC2-Presentation by Scott Hall, General Manager contact at email@example.com
Education Committee (Matt Connolly and Evelyn Boyd-Simmons, Co-Chairs)
- Discussion of Facilities Fee for Monthly Meeting
Crime and Public Safety Committee (Christopher Linn, Chair)
- Nomination of Betsy Garside 2F07
Treasurer’s Report (Matt Connolly, Treasurer) 9:00
- Approval of Expenditures
Thursday 21 March Blagden Alley Naylor Court Association Monthly Meeting 7-8:30 PM
Location: The Supper Club in Blagden Alley, please enter from the alley behind 1225 10th Street. Easiest access is from 10th Street, walk down narrow alley until you see the Baby Carriage mural, make a left, boxing gym on your right, walk about 100 ft, see Supper Club on your left below the "Huntress Coal Oil Sign".
Alternate: walk down into Blagden Alley from N Street, make a right (Rouge 24 is a left), walk about 60 feet, make a right, Supper Club is on the left.
PEPCO Substation Building at 10th/Mass/L what to do about its appearance, possible Pepco Appearance or a brainstorming session on what we might like it to look like (followed up with a PEPCO meeting)
Architect's presentation of concepts for 1322 9th Street (includes the recently saved Naylor Court carriage house)
Architect's presentation for an addition to 1418 9th Street