Rock 'n' Roll DC Road Closure Reminder
|Dear ANC Commissioners,|
This is a reminder that the Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Marathon & Half Marathon is coming up on Saturday, March 12. Please post this information on your community list servs.
The course passes through several Advisory Neighborhood Commissions between the start line on Constitution Avenue NW at 14th Street NW and the finish line at RFK Stadium. Informational door hangers were distributed to residents, businesses and organizations along the route last week.
Please visit our website to view an interactive course map and download PDF versions of the course map, road closure times, no parking zones, meter/bump cross routes, and alternate directions.
As leaders in your community, we want to share key phone numbers for you to call if you experience any race-related issues on race day:
District of Columbia: 202.727.1000
Metropolitan Police Department: 202.727.9099
Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Organizers: 844.411.4674
Some of your constituents will be running in the race and we hope that others will get involved with volunteer activities at the start/finish or along the course on race day. Thank you for your support of this exciting event.
Community Relations Department
Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Marathon & ½
Saturday, March 12, 2016
Monday, February 29, 2016
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Before that let me note we have another new restaurant coming to the neighborhood:
|1230 DC is a unique French/American Nouveau Restaurant & Lounge. OPENING SPRING 2016. Located at 1230 9th Street NW|
|Washington, DC · http://1230dc.com|
Now for the Convention Center, already open are Sbarro at 1104 7th Street and Kanvas DC (a gift shop inside the Center)
Here are the new commercial businesses and their location around the exterior of the Center
· Unconventional Diner, a locally owned and operated high-end diner concept and brainchild of multiple DC residents/business owners.
o Address: 1207-1219 9th Street NW
· Union Kitchen Grocery, a locally inspired corner market that will be expanding the brand’s footprint from their existing location in the Capital Hill neighborhood to include the Shaw neighborhood.
o Address: 1249-1251 9th Street NW
· Smoked & Stacked, a fast-casual sandwich shop that will showcase in-house brined and smoked pastrami developed by Top Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley.
o Address: 1239 9th Street NW
· Morris, a craft cocktail bar, featuring notable DC-based chef and restauranteur, Spike Mendelsohn along with Vinoda Basnayake. This cocktail bar will be an expansion from their Sheppard concept which had its original location in Dupont Circle.
o Address: 1020 7th Street NW
· Urban Athletic Club and Bodycore Lab, a motivating and inspiring fitness marketplace and health diagnostic center. Urban Athletic Club is expanding upon its existing locations in both Georgetown and Glover Park to now include the Shaw neighborhood.
o Urban Athletic Club Address: 802-804 N Street NW
o Bodycore Lab Address: 760 N Street NW
· A Barbershop Concept that will relocate their existing location in the Shaw neighborhood to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
o Address: 750 N Street NW
Thanks to Theresa Dubois for this information.