Before that let me note we have another new restaurant coming to the neighborhood:
|1230 DC is a unique French/American Nouveau Restaurant & Lounge. OPENING SPRING 2016. Located at 1230 9th Street NW|
|Washington, DC · http://1230dc.com|
Now for the Convention Center, already open are Sbarro at 1104 7th Street and Kanvas DC (a gift shop inside the Center)
Here are the new commercial businesses and their location around the exterior of the Center
· Unconventional Diner, a locally owned and operated high-end diner concept and brainchild of multiple DC residents/business owners.
o Address: 1207-1219 9th Street NW
· Union Kitchen Grocery, a locally inspired corner market that will be expanding the brand’s footprint from their existing location in the Capital Hill neighborhood to include the Shaw neighborhood.
o Address: 1249-1251 9th Street NW
· Smoked & Stacked, a fast-casual sandwich shop that will showcase in-house brined and smoked pastrami developed by Top Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley.
o Address: 1239 9th Street NW
· Morris, a craft cocktail bar, featuring notable DC-based chef and restauranteur, Spike Mendelsohn along with Vinoda Basnayake. This cocktail bar will be an expansion from their Sheppard concept which had its original location in Dupont Circle.
o Address: 1020 7th Street NW
· Urban Athletic Club and Bodycore Lab, a motivating and inspiring fitness marketplace and health diagnostic center. Urban Athletic Club is expanding upon its existing locations in both Georgetown and Glover Park to now include the Shaw neighborhood.
o Urban Athletic Club Address: 802-804 N Street NW
o Bodycore Lab Address: 760 N Street NW
· A Barbershop Concept that will relocate their existing location in the Shaw neighborhood to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
o Address: 750 N Street NW
Thanks to Theresa Dubois for this information.